Ronald D Moore Interview with Den of Geek

How daunting was the prospect of finishing Battlestar Galactica, giving that it's being called one of the greatest TV shows of all-time?

Well, I kind of felt like the story had moved into its final chapter; so I felt pretty confident that it was the right time to end the show.

The awards that you've won for Battlestar Galactica and so forth, do they spur you on or do they make you sit back and relax?

Uh, I don't know. They look pretty on my mantle. [laughs] I think the awards and the acclaim are surprising and gratifying and you're always amazed that people like what you do, and it's even more surprising when you find the critics, the publications, and organisations like that, give the show awards, it's great. It's incidental to the process. You try to make the best story you can and you don't really make them in order to earn the awards, but it's certainly nice when they come.

So what made you stick with the Galactica story instead of trying something new?

Well, it came up a couple of years ago. David Eick and I had spent some time causally talking about the possibility of doing a spin-off series of Battlestar Galactica while we were still producing the show, and we said if we did do it, it would probably be about the creation of the Cylons, but we didn't really take those discussions any further.

It wasn't until another writer, Remi Aubuchon, completely separately went to Universal Studios and pitched them an idea for a show about artificial intelligence that things started to happen. Universal then said that maybe Remi, David and I should sit down together and talk, and we did. It was really out of those discussions that we decided to do Caprica.

Read the entire article here

1 comments:

  1. raven_shayde said...

    [New Post] Ronald D Moore Interview with Den of Geek - via @twitoaster http://ravenshayde.comawhite.co.uk/?p=31...

Post a Comment