James Marsters is best known as the peroxide-blond Spike, who helped make vampires sexy and gained a cult following in the process in hip fantasy series Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spin-off series Angel.
Not bad for a role that wasn't supposed to last.
"No, it was designed to die after five episodes," Marsters recalls.
"I remember (creator) Joss (Whedon) reminding me of that: 'Don't get any ideas.' But I think it went a little better than they thought it would."
So well, in fact, that Marsters has made quite a name for himself in sci-fi and fantasy, and is one of the headliners at this year's Supanova fan convention in Brisbane.
Since Buffy and Angel, Marsters has landed roles in two "reimaginings": Smallville, a modern take on Superman; and Caprica, a spin-off of the updated Battlestar Galactica.
But he was never a fan of either original.
"I was more of a Batman guy – Batman was darker," he says.
Read the entire article here
[New Post] James Marsters of Caprica, at Pop Culture Expo in Brisbane - via @twitoaster http://ravenshayde.comawhite.co.uk/?p=28...