James Callis Interview with Zap2It

"I was looking very rough," he tells Zap2it. "They wanted me to be English, originally."

That, though, didn't make sense to Callis: "This guy in 'FlashForward,' he's been abducted from an early age and put in some weird scientific flash-forward think tank -- was he on holiday from Skegness?"

(FYI, Skegness is a seaside town in Lincolnshire, England.)

"I just ... didn't buy the idea of Gabriel McDow being a young 15-year-old, being on holiday in America and being abducted from his parents," he says. "You know what, it's an American story. It's set in Los Angeles."

Perhaps as a result of his experiences, McDow is mentally and emotionally disturbed, albeit still brilliant. His fashion sense has definitely suffered as well.

"I was a very different kind of character," Callis says. "I was very protected by the glasses and the baseball cap and whatever it was. Initially they said, 'It's just you, wearing a mac, and we love the way you talk.' I'm like, 'That's going to seem so odd.'

"I've seen videos of Kim Peek, the guy who 'Rain Man' was based on. He's the original savant. These people, they're truly brilliant, but they're slightly askance".


Read the entire interview here

0 comments:

Post a Comment