PopWrap: So I have to tell you, the first thing I noticed is that you are finally playing someone who gets to smile, even if it is short-lived!
Katee Sackhoff: [laughs] I know! Everyone keeps telling me that about Dana! I mean, I smiled as myself on "Big Bang Theory" but you're right, I tend to play characters that are very sad. I do my crying very well.
PW: Indeed and you get a little bit of that here even though "24" isn't usually invested in turning their new characters into fully formed people.
Katee: Right, with Dana we really get a sense of who she is and what's going on in her life because it's brought into CTU because of Cole [her character's co-worker/fiancee]. It's nice. I think you become invested in her and her life -- there's a sense of compassion you develop for her because of what she's going through.
PW: Definitely. When will we find out why her ex is blackmailing her?
Katee: Well, I can't give away too much, but we all did things when we were younger that we'd like to take back.
PW: Although the final destination of any "24" season can change, how much of Dana's storyline did you know coming in?
Katee: I knew about half of it. I didn't know where she would end, but I knew a lot going up to that point. I wanted to do the show very badly, so I think they kinda told me more than what they've told other people in the past.
PW: What episode are you guys currently on?
Katee: Episode 19. Oh, s***! I keep saying things like that and reporters go, "Oh, so you're alive for that long?" This show is harder to keep secrets about than "Battlestar Galactica!"
Read the entire article here
0 comments: