Karen Gillan Interview with Reel Scotland




ReelScotland: We’re halfway through the new season – how have the last few months been for you?
Karen Gillan: Insane! It’s been pretty mental. We were shooting the series for nine months and we got into our own little world and actually forgot it was going on television. And then it did, and that’s when everything changed, but we couldn’t have asked for better reviews and it really exceeded all of our expectations and we’re glad it’s remaining the popular show that it was.
That must have been a concern, taking over from David Tennant who has become something of a British icon.
It was, and for Matt there was a lot of pressure, but for me it was a massive honour to be able to carry on this tradition and it’s exciting because people feel so passionately about the show, which is better than feeling indifferent!
Did you see that The Eleventh Hour [Karen's first episode] has become the most watched programme ever on iPlayer?
That was something none of us could ever imagine, it was an amazing feeling.
After David Tennant, you’re continuing the “Tartan Tardis” theme on Doctor Who – how does it feel to be perhaps the only Invernesian actress on prime time TV?
[Laughs] It’s an honour! I really wanted to play Amy with an Invernesian accent but I auditioned with an English accent and my own and we unanimously said she should have mine. I was really happy about that because it’s not one you hear very often on television and I love the fact Amy’s got an Inverness accent.
I must admit that my own formative years as a Doctor Who fan were spent north of Inverness and all my books and videos were bought there…
No way!
Read the entire article here



Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment