Speaking to the Radio Times, Kingston explained that she had previously thought that River was the Doctor's lover.
"I was absolutely certain," she said. "That's what I'd assumed. But when I was reading 'The Time Of Angels', I suddenly thought, 'My God, she's his mother!'"
However, Kingston explained that she still thinks the pair have a romantic relationship.
"The flirtation between them still indicates they have a much more intimate relationship further down the line, and I sort of hope it is that," she said. "I hope they're married. Otherwise, if she's his mother, the flirtation isn't quite appropriate!"
She continued: "[Showrunner] Steven Moffat always leaves a couple of doors open a chink, so he can change tack whenever he wants. That makes it exciting to act, but also a little dangerous. She could be the Doctor's grandmother, for goodness' sake! I don't think Steven wants to be pinned down."
Doctor Who continues Saturday at 6.25pm on BBC One.
Source: DigitalSpy
[New Post] Kingston: 'River Could be Doctor's Mum' - via @twitoaster http://ravenshayde.comawhite.co.uk/?p=42...