A glimpse of the new worlds of Caprica



Upcoming episodes of Syfy's original series Caprica will finally take the plot to other colonies, such as Gemenon, and visual-effects supervisor Gary Hutzel is designing those colonies to look like real locations, even though they are computer-generated sets.

Hutzel previewed the upcoming episodes in the press room at the Visual Effects Society Awards, where he won for the model work on Battlestar Galactica.



"When we first see Gemenon and we're within a cathedral, we want that to feel very natural to the audience," Hutzel said in an exclusive interview last weekend in Century City, Calif. "That cathedral will probably draw very little attention aside from the fact that it'll look like a terrific location. Other than that, I don't think people will say, 'I've been transported away out of the show.' I think instead they'll say, 'This is a dark place,' which is correct for the tone of the scene. This is a dark place where bad things could happen."
Read the entire article here

1 comments:

  1. raven_shayde said...

    [New Post] A glimpse of the new worlds of Caprica - via @twitoaster http://ravenshayde.comawhite.co.uk/?p=13...

Post a Comment