Exclusive Interview: Genevieve Buechner (Tamara Adama)

The Caprica Times: Have you seen Battlestar Galactica?
Genevieve Buechner: I have, but not the whole series. I haven’t finished watching it all yet. I have it on DVD. As strange at this might sound coming from someone who works in the film industry, I don’t watch TV. I don’t have any cable – only DVDs – but believe me, I have enough DVDs for a lifetime. Huge collection.



The Caprica Times: You play an important role as William Adama’s sister. Does that factor into how you view Tamara?



Genevieve Buechner: Well they both have very separate stories really. Before Tamara was killed she was probably just a regular big sister – you know, a bit of teasing, a bit of, ”I’m older than you so I can do this, and you cant!,” probably some nice heart to hearts, and she would stand up to anyone who would hurt him, no doubt. But Tamara’s story is about how shes stuck. She’s trying to find a way out. William’s story is more about him learning who he really is – learning that his nameis really Adama, not Adams. He’s connecting with other parts of his family while his father is mourning over Tamara and his wife.



The Caprica Times: How do you relate to your character?



Genevieve Buechner:  She is actually very strong-willed. In the pilot you hear her telling her mother about how she stands up for her race. She was being made fun of, being called a dirt-eater, and she didn’t stand for it. When I was little I was bullied in school pretty badly and as I got older I realized that I had the right to stand up for myself, for who I am. We are similar in that way.


Read the entire article here

1 comments:

  1. raven_shayde said...

    [New Post] Exclusive Interview: Genevieve Buechner (Tamara Adama) - via @twitoaster http://ravenshayde.comawhite.co.uk/?p=14...

Post a Comment