Caprica: The Cast and Creators Talk About the Show and Its Future


The science-fiction epic Caprica is building to its explosive mid-season finale, and the cast turned out in force at Syfy's Upfront party in New York to talk to the press about what little they could without giving the show's secrets away. Esai Morales ("Joseph Adama"), Alessandra Torresani ("Zoe"), Magda Apanowicz ("Lacy") and Battlestar Galactica and Caprica co-creators Ronald D. Moore and David Eick were able to shed a dim light on the mid-season finale as well as the second half of Season 1, and while nobody could tell us if it would return for a second season, everyone seemed eager to continue what many agree is one of the best shows on television. Read on for some torturous teasers and reflections on the show's greatness.

How do you relate your performance as Joseph Adama to the Adamas we've already met in Battlestar Galactica?
Esai Morales:
Well, I've known Mr. Olmos for years, and in a sense I feel related. I've also seen that amazing
Battlestar episode where he breaks down, so you don't want to imitate, but you want to imbue your character with hints of the genetic heritage: where does he get that strength? So my job is like reverse engineering. We have General [sic] Adama and Lee, now where did some of that come from? And that's my job, as well as making the moments feel fresh and real, as if they were the very first time.

So what's coming up this season?
Morales:
I can tell you this much -- this has been some of the hardest work I've done in my life, as far as emotion. When you have a daughter and you lose her, then she comes back, and you may or may not lose her again, that kind of thing, hooks are put into you. In the first half, first 3/4 of the [second half of the season], they will be ripped out. I don't want to give it away, but I have to say, I was exhausted emotionally at what happens. It's so mind-blowing, I don't want you to anticipate it.


Read the entire article here

1 comments:

  1. raven_shayde said...

    [New Post] Caprica: The Cast and Creators Talk About the Show and Its Future - via @twitoaster http://ravenshayde.comawhite.co.uk/?p=21...

Post a Comment