Aaron Douglas Takes on ‘The Bridge’

AOL TV talked with Douglas about what it’s like to play a police officer, how it feels to drive a hot car (really fast), and if he misses ‘Battlestar’ at all.

You moved from a Cylon to a cop – quite a ‘jump’, wouldn’t you say?

[Laughs] Hey, at least I’m still a union leader!

Do you like playing a cop?

It was fun to strap on different boots, a vest, and a gun belt, sure. Also, I got to drive around really fast. Frank goes from cop to union leader rather quickly, though, so now it’s all suits and shaving twice a day, which pisses me off. [Laughs]

Do you actually get to drive around yourself? Is there no stunt driver?

Yes, they have three cars for me. A cop car that I can drive sort-of fast, the Dodge Charger that’s all souped up – I can drive that one as fast as I want – and then there’s a thing called a ‘Robocar’, where a guy has literally taken out the back seat and put a stunt driver’s seat in the middle. A stunt driver drives from the back, and I sit in the front while pretending to turn the wheel.

That sounds potentially terrifying.

It is. It’s really weird. He’s such a great driver, he literally comes right up on that car or that tree and will turn at the last possible second. I thought I was going to die a couple times, but then I realized that this guy is super-badass.

Read the entire article here

1 comments:

  1. raven_shayde said...

    [New Post] Aaron Douglas Takes on ‘The Bridge’ - via @twitoaster http://ravenshayde.comawhite.co.uk/?p=13...

Post a Comment