Daemonstv.com recently interviewed Michael Trucco about his new role in Syfy's movie Meteor Storm. Here are some excerpts:
Can you talk about how you got involved in this film?
Michael Trucco: This one, I'm trying to remember. It was right after 'Battlestar'. We'd done the play. It was during the summer. It was a script that had come across [my desk]. Oh, I know. Good, I can answer this question. Sweet. One of the producers of this film is also a producer on 'Battlestar'. His name is Ron French and I guess that Ron had taken on this project – 'Meteor Storm' – and they were going to shoot up in Vancouver and I guess they had some of the same people and when it comes to casting they were looking at the project and they put me on a short list of people that they'd like to play the part of Tom. My managers gave me a call and said, 'There's this script called "Meteor Storm" being produced by Ron French and shot in Vancouver.' I said all right and so I read it and the timing was perfect. My slate was open for the month that we shot. I kind of liked the subject matter. I'm very interested in roles. I like the hero roles. The kind of action hero, I'd like to pursue that more and I thought that this was as good as any vehicle to get that started. So there we are.
Are you a fan of the disaster movies?
Michael Trucco: What's funny is generally no. I like the old ones. I like 'Towering Inferno' and 'The Airport' '75, '76, '77's, 'Earthquake', when I was a kid. I like the low tech version of the disaster film. I haven't seen movies like '2012', for example. Maybe I saw 'Armageddon', 'Independence Day', 'Transformers'. There are all these giant, massive, $300 million budget disaster movies and they're good. I mean they serve a purpose but I'm not a huge fan of those. But I like the subject matter. I'm fascinated by astronomy so I dug the actual reading of the script. I thought, 'Hey, this is kind of interesting, this whole thing of going through a belt of meteors,' and the magnetic pull that happened in the history of the earth at some point millions years and embedded deep underneath the San Francisco Bay are these little shards of meteorites that are attracted to meteors out in space. I thought, 'This is kind of interesting. Scientifically this fascinates me.' I've always been an astronomy buff.
Did you do a lot of research on that side of things for the character?
Michael Trucco: I wasn't really the scientist of the film. I didn't do any unnecessary research other than looking at that subject matter and I think that I did read someplace that the idea of that is plausible. It's certainly plausible that the earth itself has been through an event millions of years ago and there could be remnants of those laying deeply embedded in the earth and there's the possibility that those rocks are attracted through some sort of gravitational pull or magnetic gravitational pull. I looked that up and I was like, 'Okay, I'm going with this. I'll buy it. I like it. Cool.' It didn't have anything to do with fire breathing dragons from prehistoric times so I was like, 'All right, I'm in and I'll get to ride a motorcycle. So, done.'
Read the entire article here
0 comments: