'Dollhouse': Eliza Dushku on the dollhouse closing its doors

LA Times spoke to Eliza Dushku about her thoughts on Dollhouse finishing.  Here are some excerpts:

So you just finished filming?
Everyone was so sad, but we're all really thrilled to have gotten a second season and we're really proud of the second season. The first season was great, but the second just really gelled, and I feel like people that were watching the show can tell. They can feel and see the difference. The writers got into exactly what we wanted to tell with these stories and the characters and conflicts.  We're really psyched.  And also, many shows upon getting canceled ... that's it. Game over. You don't get the chance to finish out all the stories and air all of the episodes. So, it's a really rare thing that we were really grateful for.




What were you doing when you found out the show was canceled?
I was on set and I heard it from Joss. We were optimistic that we would maybe have a chance to go on, but we were also realistic knowing that numbers were the way that they were. It was just a bummer because we're aware of the fan base and the strong audience that we do have for the show and that's what always inspired us and fueled us.


Do you, as an actress, access other characters that you've had to play on the show when Echo does it?
Absolutely. Because the characters I've played, even brief ones, were so rich on the page, and we, Joss and the writers, sort of went over them so much, it was in my muscle memory, I think. And when I tapped into different people, for instance, if it was Margaret from the "Hunted" episode or the hired girlfriend from the pilot or Eleanor Penn, and also putting on the clothes and getting the hair and makeup -- it's pretty easy to go back to that.


Read the entire article here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment