Bodie Olmos Talks About His Marathon Run & Raising Funds For Cancer Research





"It's just incredible. I'm so taken aback by this whole experience," Bodie said by phone Wednesday from Los Angeles. "This was definitely a huge, huge event for me, and I think my body and my spirit and everything are definitely decompressing from it all … I'm about 65 percent now and it's day three, but I feel great."

Bodie, chose the annual Los Angeles race as his first marathon. The choice came after reconnecting with a childhood friend who mentioned she was training for her first half-marathon with coach Bob Gamez from Snail's Pace Running Shop in Brea, Calif.

"I was like, 'I wanna do that,’" Bodie said. "I've always wanted to run a marathon. I mean, I've watched the race for probably most of my life … and so I was like 'I'm in. Let's do this.'"

And he did, running the 26.2-mile course at a steady pace throughout and finishing with an impressive time of 3:23:11. His overall ranking was 589 out of some 26,000 runners, and he did it all in gusting winds, heavy rain and cold temperatures.

Read the entire article at: OlmosPerfect.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment